Friday 12 April 2013

Time for some Seoul Food @ Dubu-dubu~

//this was in the draft for ages! Actual date is early March - I think ;)

Almost every Sunday evening, we will sit in En. Ali's family's TV area to watch Korean drama & shows.

Running Man is a must watch show for us and now I am also taken into watching the 1 Night 2 Days show.

It was when we were watching the 1 Night 2 Days show that I got the craving to taste Korean food!

It was ages since I last ate a Korean cuisine and my favorite restaurant serving Korean Food is at the Spring Potato Restaurant located in Sri Gombak. It has a good range of Western, Malaysia and Korean choice of food. But its so far away from where I'm staying right now...so when I told a few Korean loving friends that I wanted to have some Seoul food, they suggested Dubu-Dubu.

At first I had this reservation of trying Dubu-Dubu because at a glance it doesn't look halal...and secondly because of its name which if even a slight mispronunciation in my mother tongue would refer to a very disgusting body part.

Why Dubu-dubu I asked? Which I was later told that it means tofu in Korean.

So we gave it a shot :) - (Thank God that I am married to someone who always encourage me to try out new things!)

The waiters were really helpful and the menu is so easy to read. You can have a look at it here.

With the lack of experience on how to enjoy Korean food, I ordered based on the picture that looks just like what was shown in the show - Seafood Soondubu Jigae.

The creamy seafood broth is served with Sticky Korean rice and 3 Bachans (side dishes)

I was looking around to see how its best to enjoy this when I saw this on the table.

A detailed guide on how to enjoy your Soondubu...this is definitely my kind of shop :)

After reading the manual thoroughly, I was still pondering at the dish.

I was skeptical at first as to how this would taste, and that I would not like it. But with just one bite of the dish, I fell in love!

I said to En. Ali - sedapnya! and he was like *phew* luckily you liked it, if not I would have had a hard time to finish it, especially when he had ordered a scrumptious udon soup.


"badseubnida"
p/s: ... I love the chopstick as well  - classy :)

En. Ali's Udon Soup ... slurrpp..slurrppp 
I had an enjoyable time here, and the food taste great to my very Malaysian tongue.

I highly recommend this restaurant for those who wants to try Korean food, the ambiance and hospitality is very welcoming despite of its strange name.

*love*

No comments:

Post a Comment